Dec 7, 2012

The Usual Suspect

I love Christmas! And I love Christmas traditions. One of my favorite might not have been completely legal, and maybe that is why it was so much fun. Anyways, I believe the prescription time for forrest related crimes has probably past by now, so I can come clean. If not; come and get me if you can!





Back in the day, in early December, my dad and I would take a quiet walk in the forrest. We would plow through the snow, breathe the crisp winter air, soak in the beauty of mother nature and axe down the finest tree would could find. 

Getting a Christmas tree in San Francisco is similar, only that you take your Hybrid Toyota to the Christmas Tree lot, choose a tree, pay for it and drive it back. The end result is the same, but the excitement level is not quite the same.


The best part is however decorating it, listening to 'The Rat Pack' Christmas special, eating ginger bread cookies and remember how exciting Christmas can be. You only need a three year old to be reminded that Christmas is pretty magical, especially if you have great traditions to follow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment