Jul 10, 2011

"Take me out to the ballgame"

I am somewhat of a sports fan, mostly football, and when I say football, I mean football, not 'American Football' (I refuse to use the 's' word that the Americans use to refer to football...). However, back to the point, coming to the States, I really looked forward to going to American sports events, because you can like the sport itself or not, but over here, they sure know how to throw a party! The American football and basketball are already checked off of the list, now it was time for a classic - the baseball! Giants vs. New York Mets.

Home of the SF Giants

Even though I might have stated that I am not really a fan, I must say that the baseball is starting to fascinate me. Not sure why, maybe as it is something familiar given that they play like everyday so wherever you go, there is a television set with the game on. Going to the stadium was of course great fun; sing "take me out to the ballgame" at the seventh inning, watch the boats fight over the ball at a home-run that ended up in the water, listening to the cab driver complain (using the f@#$ word) when saying we were going to the game, the fact that some baseball players are kind of...fat, the most amazing hot dog ever with a cold beer, and seeing how the Giants lost. No, wait... the last thing was not good...

Garlic fries... genius!!


Note Yahoo! advertising!

No comments:

Post a Comment