Jul 20, 2012

The Man of the House

My aunt Berit is cool for many reasons, including the fact that she likes obscure indie movies topped off with Asian kung-fu flicks. And I get it; it is nice to see 'deep' movies with a purpose that make you think, but there are also times when you need to watch the good guy kick the shit out of the bad guy. In Japanese. Just makes you feel better. 




I am a huge fan of the 'Die Hard' movies. Somehow I relate to John McClane. You know that feeling of how you sometime have to do something you don't really feel like. Especially on Mondays. The only difference being between John and myself is that I feel it towards laundry and he towards killing terrorists. Just a minor detail obviously. Or has he puts it more eloquently: 'Just once, I'd like a regular, normal Christmas. Eggnog, a fuckin' Christmas tree, a little turkey. But, no. I gotta crawl around in this motherfuckin' tin can'. Don't we all John, don't we all. 

The Die Hard movies, if you haven't seen them for some reasons, are based around police officer John McClane getting his ass kicked. A lot. But he gets up, grunts and gives back. This is where I stop to relate to Mr McClane. Especially now. I was dancing with Miss Cupcake the other day and managed to kick myself (yes, myself) and broke my nail. Note; it did not break entirely, it just split in two. And I cried like a baby. That hurt in dimensions I had not experienced before. With stars and fire works included. 

So anyone planning to do some mischief and want to avoid some super hero stopping your plans in the last minute; forget the bombs and violence - just break the guys nail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment