Jul 24, 2012

My Favorite Food

Choosing favorite food is one of these impossible exercises like choosing favorite women (brunettes), city (San Francisco), album (Miles Davis - Kind of Blue) or song (Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered).







Wow, can't believe I said that out loud. I regret two of the choices already...

Some of my favorite food is a reflection of where I have lived the last couple of years. If I get to choose, it is likely that I will ask for a lasagne (my mother back in Sweden), a 'tortilla de patata' (a Spanish potato cake) or eggs benedict (they sure know how to make a breakfast in the US). For those that stalk me, you might ask why there is no food from when I lived in London. Well, English food... kind of speaks for itself. I could stretch to 'beer'...


Miss Cupcake is very clear when it comes to what she loves when it comes to food; 'croquetas'. This is a bechamel sauce with spanish ham or tuna, that you deep fry. She loves them so much we try to make other food look like 'croquetas' so she will eat them.

I am also pretty sure that the affection for 'croquetas' is part eating them, and part doing them. Just as a hint; she needs to take a bath after finishing.

If you feel like trying, here is how to make a Spanish croqueta.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet of Miss Cupcake to help out with preparing his favorite food. The ‘croquetas’ do look delicious! Wonder what Miss Cupcake liked about them. Anyway, kids tend to be picky when it comes to food. So making other food look like their favorite can certainly help in making them enthusiastic with eating.

    ReplyDelete