Apr 10, 2011

Daddy time

One word that defines our lives at the moment is "intense". So we have made a promise to each other that we try to keep; every now and then, preferably now, we get to take a couple of hours off. Today it was my turn, and it wasn't the best of days as I was feeling really under the weather. I have a cold that has been following me around for a week now, and is now at the stage of just being a dry cough that drives me nuts.

Saturday tie

However, I was not going to stay home on the couch on my day, so I dressed up for the occasion, grabbed buss 71 to Haight Ashbury, had a Tuna Panini, an amazing "blueberry monster" smoothie and a brownie that was announced to be "the best one in the world". Failed marketing. This lunch was taken in accompanied by the Patti Smith book "Just kids", that makes me want to go to live in New York and write poetry and drink with Janis Joplin.


Then off to Amoeba records to sexy up the collection some.

The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison (worth it just for the "Hello, my name is Johnny Cash")
Cut/Copy - Zonoscope
Iron and Wine - Kiss Each Other Clean
Janis Joplin - Pearl
Radiohead - The King of Limbs
The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet
The Strokes - Angels
Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring for my Halo

No comments:

Post a Comment